Tuesday 25 November 2014

Conversation with God and parents

Dear Diary,
Today I asked my mother about sex before marriage because my boyfriend and I really care about each other and thought it would be okay to do it before marriage if our intention was good. She said that as a Catholic it would not be accepted and that any method of birth control that wasn't natural, like the female condom which we wanted to use, was not accepted. I told her that surely God would understand that if I loved my boyfriend enough he would allow us. She said the only way of knowing that was to ask God myself.

So I prayed and told him everything like how we are in love and want to use the female condom, because it's not just that we aren't ready to have a baby but we don't want contract any STI's. The only method of birth control that catholic's accept does not at all prevent one from contracting STI's. Eventually God responded.

God told me that he was proud that our intentions were good and that I asked for his approval first. He was not sure if he could allow it though as no one had asked him before. However he was not willing to change the rules for two people but made an excellent point when he said that if I wait until after marriage it would be more special and that it would be something my husband and I would cherish forever.

I told my mother and she said that I was making the right decision and that she was proud of me because if I used the catholic method of family planning I may not have been protected from STI's and that I was doing the right thing by waiting until marriage. I also told my boyfriend and at first he was hesitant but I convinced him. We decided we would be happy to wait for something that special and it wouldn't have to be too long because we're engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment